Overgarment Saudi Style

This morning I came across some images that really left me thinking. Now, having been in Saudi. Makkah and Medina to be precise, I got the blessed opportunity to see the Ka'bah for the first time ever in 2009 and spend an entire Ramadan seeing it! It was much bigger then what I used to sit and imagine. I would sit there for hours and never get tired of filling my eyes with it. Alhamdulilah. In my stay I did as usual alot of observation because there were alot of new things Islamically and cultural wise. Of course, having an appreciation for style, I started picking up on the trends and styles from the local and visiting women and even bought two overgarments. To summarize it, let's just say people love to look and smell good. 

One trend that seemed to have started after I left, bummer! was the one below.




pictures credits: ansam518

Did you catch the style? It's the pants. Well, first I have to be careful with the word 'Abaya' because I have noticed people are sensitive about it. So, that is why I decided to use the word 'overgarment' to keep all cool! It sort of reminds me of the paki and afghan traditional clothing. I personally like this style and without knowing that it was in I actually did a drawing similar to it. Yes! I will share it in a bit. It was for the Akhwat Abaya competition. I didn't win, but 5 of my designs including this one made it as runner-ups:-)

picture is property of sweet modesty and may not be used or reproduced without permission. 

 Anyways, as I said, I really like this style for a women's gathering and for the outside I would close up the whole overgarment. We must remember that our aurah(nakedness) is not just covering with clothes our bodies but also concealing the figure of our body except what appears therefore meaning the face and hands.


3 comments :

  1. I like the last one a little bit but closed, not that I'm nt a fan of cuteness but you know ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. she might as well just not wear a hijab. *smh*

    ReplyDelete