VIRTUAL COVERAGE: DAY 1 Fashion Week NYC Fall 2012

One of the big four started today! 90 shows and 250 more around the city and that equals to 100,000 attendees and 4,000 registered journalists, according to NY Times. The rest were invited in the comfort of their home, office or any corner you can hide from your boss. And, let me tell you, it wasn't that bad! I got do some FaceBooking, cleaning and finished some errands. Then again, I was limited to what they actually aired. Anyways, I was inspired to do a virtual coverage and determined to find some modesty on the runway. Why not? So, here it is!



People making their way in.


My welcoming before the Richard Chai show.




The invited journalists.



Let's get seated people!


Drum roll! 



Stripes, button-up collars, wide-legged pants, the big pockets and the colors were my favorite of Richard Chai





One of my favorites BCBGMAX. Color-blocking is still sticking around! I also enjoyed the side-swept bangs, over-the-knee skirt and the hints of tangerine orange.















The next show I really enjoyed and really loved so much because I am a big fan of the 20's fashion was from Todashi Shoji. It definitely had the feel of the 20's but with a soft touch and lots of color. He used velvet, drop-waists, silk, brocade, ruffles and loved how he finished it off with the red lipstick! I have a feeling that is going to be a big hit this fall. We shall see.



The show is about to get started!



















That't is for today. I did exclude Nicholas K line. I wasn't feeling the cowboy and fringe style. But, if you must know, there were snood-hoodies, Ana Wintour hair-cuts, grey hair, layering and shorts over-knee. Some of the shows were not aired. I have an understanding that they are for exclusive viewing. I enjoyed it and looking forward to.

4 comments :

  1. I love BCB and Richard Chai collections thats me right there :)

    www.stylishijabi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here:-)but if I had to choose, I love BCBG would be my winner!

      Delete
  2. emmm not for me. I am so stuck in my ways. But I did like certain elements of the 20s collection.

    http://furiouslyfabmuslima.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salam Ummsultana! I have my ways too:D hey as long as we are happy with them, that is what counts:D

      Delete